Blogs and Instagrams I like to follow

Monday, December 28, 2015

Short days long rides


TLF feeling festive!

Happy Holidays to you and yours!  I've been away awhile and thought I would check in.  
Christmas beer!
Camp photos courtesy of Laura Fox

On Christmas Eve TLF and I went and camped out again.  -20 degree bags and warm jackets kept us comfortable and we slept 8 hours through the night!  I did have some troubles with my stove and had to call off boiling some water at night.  The next morning the stove worked again but was not up to its regular self.  So this weekend I performed annual maintenance on the stove and it seems to be back to normal. Next week while recovering for the Frosty Bottom I'll perform annual maintenance on the fuel pump as well. 
Christmas Eve photos courtesy of Laura Fox

Throughout Anchorage folks have been placing ornaments on the trees next to the trail.  It's nice to see them. Thanks to Mrs. Pamela Fox for the Trader Joe Caramel Bite Stroopwafels!
Wrong way on the Middle Fork photo courtesy of Jason Lamoreaux
Middle Fork ride courtesy of Megan Chelf

We rode with the super family Chelfs today.  Don't let the smile fool you, I couldn't hold onto them!!  Thanks for the invite!
A quick glance at the fatbikes I ride.  A first-year Carbon 9:ZERO:7 and a brand new 170mm Slider 9:ZERO:7.  The carbon bike is a top-notch build with HED wheels, XO1 drivetrain, Raceface crank, handlebar and stem and Niner RDO seat post.  I obviously like Revelate Designs baggage and use their Expedition weight pogies as well.  

The singlespeed slider frame is also a nice build with various Raceface components, 32:18 gear ratio, Marge Lite rims and XO hydraulic brakes.  I am trying a Brooks Cambium C17 Carved saddle on this bike.  The blue color is to die for!

More on these puppies on a later date, speaking of Puppies...  
This is my old girl Sachi.  Thanks for the photo Laura ;-).  She likes barking, peeing on things and farting next to the bed.  She is a great dog and I feel like she has adopted me as much as I've adopted her.  

I'm tired and sore.  Till next time. :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment