Blogs and Instagrams I like to follow

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Quick update: My bottom is sore. Forgetting chamois cream and bike shorts that are a little too large is not an option. :-P I am currently using the same saddle that I use on my mountain bike and I am moving to a wider saddle per Rosemary and Nick's suggestion at Paramount Cycles. I should have listened to Mike from The Bicycle Shop. He suggested a large width saddle to me years ago during my bike fit session(155mm or so.) My friend Adam let me borrow a Selle Anatomica saddle. I'll give it a go.

Pogie plugs are falling out. TLF (The Laura Fox) mentioned hers have come out a few times. I am looking to use a little bit of Velcro to keep them in place.

This Tuesday Nick led a ride from the Elmore Ball fields. TLF and I rode C street to Dowling over to the Campbell Creek Science Center. Horrible idea. We must have hit every single traffic light on red.  

2 comments:

  1. I have been using the Brooks Cambium C-17 saddle for the last few winters. It is about 165mm wide and is super comfy. I rode the Iditasport 200 on it last year without padded shorts or chamois cream and had no pain whatsoever. I also rode the first 100 miles of the ITI without padded shorts on that saddle, again no pain at all (I put on padded short at Shell Lake for the extra warmth.) --Lars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the second person that has suggested that seat. I see a pattern developing. :-)

      Delete