Blogs and Instagrams I like to follow

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Sunny days and smiling faces

Another big weekend in the books.  Laura and I made it through 125+ miles on Saturday and Sunday.  The sun finally decided to poke it's head out of the clouds and made for nice weekend on the saddle.  

Kincaid Chalet

Product placement

Middle Fork Snowman


Williwaw Lakes and Middle  intersection
We started the weekend riding around Anchorage up South Rim to Middle Fork and back.  We just missed Fire Island Bakery.  :-p

On Sunday Laura, Ryan and I drive up to Happy Trails Kennel to pre-ride the Susitna 100 course.  
We started out at Happy Trail Kennel.  Hard and fast!

Photo Courtesy of Ryan Greeff

Photo Courtesy of Ryan Greeff

My 9:ZERO:7 in mostly Susitna 100 race trim

Photo Courtesy of Ryan Greeff

Photo Courtesy of Ryan Greeff

Photo Courtesy of Ryan Greeff.  Coffee mug courtesy of Clinton Hodges III

This one is for you Adam.  Fuck you Wall of Death.

Laura "The Flyer" Fox photo courtesy of Ryan Greeff

Not long after we popped onto the Susitna River.  It's in the best condition I've ever seen.


Photo Courtesy of Ryan Greeff

Paceline work.  Haha

Chocolate egg layers

Photo Courtesy of Ryan Greeff.  He knows how to make us look fast!

Rolling into Big Swamp like we own the place.

Who me?

We made it within a mile or so of Cow Lake at Fish Creek.  There was a good amount of overflow at the normal crossing.  I am looking for another trail option.  Photo Courtesy of Ryan Greeff

Photo Courtesy of Ryan Greeff.  He took one for the team and scooted across first.

Photo Courtesy of Ryan Greeff
The defense.  Photo Courtesy of Ryan Greeff.
The Prosecutor.  Photo courtesy of Laura Fox.
We had a bit of a scary moment with Laura's front tire fell through a suprisingly deep trench crossing the trail.  Her right leg went into the muddy water up to her knee and her left knee banged into the ice.  OUCH!  She's tough and luckily Ryan had a set of spare socks and Advil.

I also didn't escape without problems.  I had a spoke break on my rear wheel but luckily I was able to tape it up and ride on without further problem.

A cool piece of gear that Laura and I tried out this weekend was the Revelate Designs Wampak.  
It worked great!  I rode 75 miles, didn't freeze the hose, didn't run out of water, stayed comfortable and pretty much didn't notice the pack.  That's a good sign that this pack works as advertised.
http://www.revelatedesigns.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment